Sugar Winter ’18 has been released and is now available for all Cloud (OD) customers. Winter ’18 is the next step to the core Sugar quarterly feature delivery model, providing accelerated delivery of new innovations for the Cloud customers, as well as heightened levels of predictability for Sugar updates. You can learn more about this process in the Fall ’17 (7.10) release announcement.
Winter ’18 will significantly benefit customers running in the Cloud environment. Sugars’ Cheif Marketing Officer and Co-Founder, Clint Oram, highlights three of Sugars’ most exciting features (brand new user interface, actionable drill through on reports, and the new Product Catalog dashlet), in the following video. More details on all of the exciting Winter ’18 updates are explained further after the video.
Improved User Interface
- Modern and sleek new design with updated colours and shapes appear throughout Sugars’ Sidecar user interface.
- Cosmetic changes, with layout change made to record previews in the intelligence pane which have a more usable layout and updated look and feel.
- More detail on this, including important information for developers, can be found in this blog post from the Director of Developer Advocacy, Matt Marum: A new Sugar UX coming in Winter ’18.
Actionable Drill-Through Charts
- Users can now view and interact with Sugar data by simply clicking into a chart.
- The following operations are now available when drilling through a report chart: Record Actions menu, Mass Actions menu, Favourite designation, Checkbox selection and Refresh option.
- More detail on this feature can be found in this blog post from Sugars Director of Product Management (Relationship Intelligence, Reports and Insights), Deepak Deolalikar: Chart Drill Through Winter ’18 Release.
Product Catalog Dashlet
- Easily find and add products directly from the Product Catalog dashlet as you create and edit quote records.
- Visual representation of all available products.
- More detail on this dashlet can be found in this blog post from Sugars’ Senior Product Manager for this feature, Drew McDaniel: Coming in Winter ’18: The New Product Catalog Dashlet.
- Winter ’18 reintroduces the ability for users to create quote records via duplication.
- The original quote’s line items, groups, comments and related account and opportunity data will carry over to the new quote.
- Users who have configured an outgoing email account in Emails > Email Settings can use Sugar to forward archived email messages to recipients.
- Explicitly related emails can be unlinked from the Emails subpanel of related records.
- A filter has been added to the Emails list view to quickly find emails with attachments.
Saved Reports Chart Dashlet
- The View Report option has been added to the Saved Reports Chart dashlet allowing users to access the originating reports detail view.
- Receive Message events can detect that a particular field has changed and, optionally, react according to the value it changes to or from. This functionality was previously exclusive to Start events.
The Advanced Workflow feature is only available in Enterprise and Ultimate Editions
Developers: Please review the following items to learn more about changes that could affect integrations and custom development:
- Unknown platforms to be restricted in Winter ’18 release
- New tutorial! How to register custom platforms in Sugar instances
- How to fix Sugar input validation failures
- The Development Changes sections of the Ultimate, Enterprise and Professional Release Notes
Please review the release notes for the new versions using the following links and the Knowledge Base article, “What to Expect When Upgrading to 7.11“, to learn more about the new features available, as well as the variety of fixes to address bugs identified in prior releases:
- Ultimate Winter ’18 Release Notes
- Enterprise Winter ’18 Release Notes
- Professional Winter ’18 Release Notes
Customers hosted with Sugars’ On-Demand environment will receive further communication regarding their automatic upgrades shortly. Please visit the Supported Platforms page for a complete list of supported browsers and other platform information.