Sugar Summer ’18 is now live and available for all customers hosted on the Sugar cloud environment. Summer ’18 is the next step in Sugars core quarterly feature delivery model, providing accelerated delivery of new innovations for cloud customers, as well as heightened levels of predictability for Sugar updates.
Summer ’18 will significantly benefit customers running in the Sugar cloud environment. In the video, SugarCRM Chief Marketing Officer and Co-Founder, Clint Oram highlights the themes (collaboration, User Experience and Data Privacy) and enhancements of this release. More details on all of the exciting Summer ’18 updates are explained further below.
- Summer ’18 now includes 110 out-of-the-box reports
- 60 of which come with charts that can be used in dashboards to give your team an at-a-glance view of the most important business metrics.
- The new Scheduled Reports module allows users to schedule emailed reports for themselves and other users.
New Login Page
- The Sugar login screen has been updated to give users a more collaborative experience. Sugar users can now keep an eye out for important information like product and company updates, useful resources, and more from SugarCRM whenever they log into Sugar.
- Instances with customized login screens will have this option disabled automatically when upgraded to Summer ’18 and this option can be managed by Sugar admins.
- The Emails module can now display emojis used in outbound or inbound message content when the messages are logged in Sugar from an external mail application.
- Users can now use emojis in Sugar text fields.
- Import and Export Process Definitions, Business Rules, and Email Templates
- Email templates and process business rules will automatically export as part of their related process definition’s .bpm file, streamlining the import process and making it easier to design, execute, iterate, and perfect Workflows in development and staging environments before implementing in production.
- Start Event Support for “All” or “Any” Related Records
- When more than one related record may be affected by a process definition’s Start event, the administrator can specify if the criteria must be true for all related records or just one or more of the related records, allowing actions to be triggered based on what happens across multiple records.
- Activity Elements in Event-Based Processes
- Human activity elements can now be incorporated into event-based processes allowing event-based gateways to detect whether a form activity has been completed before a condition has been met or within a set period of time.
For more detail on SugarCRM’s data privacy initiatives, please visit Data Privacy & Sugar space in the community.
- Users can now generate a unique link to send to customers which, when clicked, will mark opted-out email addresses as opted-in, ensuring your customers are giving clear and explicit consent to future communications. This feature can be used to enable double opt-in capabilities.
Activity Streams Field Erasure
- Erasing personal information via the Data Privacy module now removes erased values from activity stream posts and is now replaced with ‘Value Erased’.
This release also includes additional fixes to issues in previous releases of Sugar, detailed in the Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional Release Notes.
Please review Sugars release notes using the following links and the Knowledge Base article, “What to Expect When Upgrading to 8.1,” to learn more about the new features available, as well as the variety of fixes to address bugs identified in prior releases:
- Ultimate Summer ’18 Release Notes
- Enterprise Summer ’18 Release Notes
- Professional Summer ’18 Release Notes
Customers hosted in the Sugar cloud environment will receive further communication regarding their automatic upgrades shortly per the Sugar Cloud Policy Guide – Upgrade Policy. Additional information about best practices for upgrades in the Sugar cloud environment can be found in Webinar: Sugar Cloud Upgrade Best Practices [Recording]. Please visit the Supported Platforms page for a complete list of supported browsers and other platform information.