July 17, 2018.
SugarCRM has released version 2.6.0 if the Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.
This latest release includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Users have the option to decide if the plug-in should automatically create an account when the company name of a synced Outlook contact does not already exist in Sugar.
- Users can now decide between adding all of an email’s Outlook categories to Sugar as tags or only syncing the Sugar category as a tag on the email record.
- All archiving and email attachment options have been moved to new “Mail” tab in the configuration window.
- Data Privacy enhancements: If a data erasure in Sugar includes the Last Name and Email Address fields, the plug-in will now apply a “Data Privacy” category to the Outlook contact record in addition to permanently disabling the sync for the corresponding Outlook contact.
- Debug logging capability has been added to the installation package.
- Many records may now be related at once via the “Relate” button when creating a new Sugar record (e.g. a new contact) from Outlook.
- Users may now optionally select the email record’s teams when archiving an email from Outlook.
Sugar Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook 2.6.0 also addresses issues identified in prior releases of the Outlook Plug-in. More information on the new features and enhancements as well as the fixed bugs can be found in the MS Outlook Plug-in Release Notes 2.6.0.
Users can either download the plug-in from the Download Manager with an appropriate download key or by going to their user profile in the application and selecting the “Downloads” tab. Please review the Supported Platforms for the Outlook Plug-in before installing.