Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Sugabyte Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) [pre GDPR enforcement] and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
are small files saved to the Users’ computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the Users’ interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the User with a tailored experience within this website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Sugabyte Limited, we or us
Sugabyte Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08764620 whose registered office is at 1-4 London Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2TA;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Sugabyte Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Sugabyte Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.website.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
The DPA & GDPR May 2018
- We and this website comply to the DPA and are in the process of complying to the GDPR which comes into effect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
- We collect personal Data when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use a live chat, open a support ticket or enter information on our website or contact us via email, over the phone, in writing or face to face.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Job Title;
- Contact Information such as email addresses, postal addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- Date/time stamp (automatically collected);
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- By providing us with personal Data, you represent that you are the owner of such personal Data or otherwise have the requisite consent to provide it to us.
- Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk.
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Sugabyte Limited is the “data controller”.
- For purposes of the GDPR, James Banbury, Managing Director at Sugabyte Limited ([email protected]), has been elected as the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at Sugabyte Limited.
- Your personal Data is kept private and stored securely no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements).
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates, other companies within our group and/or third-party service providers who may have access to or process your personal information for the purpose of providing these services for us.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products / services;
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
- Sugabyte Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
- This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites).
- We have no control over such websites and are not responsible for the content of these websites and cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media & Usage
- This Website includes social media features which may re-direct you to our official profiles on social media platforms. We ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. However, Users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
- There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about your social media privacy and usage policies with the companies that provide them.
Downloads & Media Files
- Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available, Users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
- We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit personal Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This includes the use of personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected] or by using the unsubscribe option at the bottom of our marketing emails to manage your subscription preferences.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- The User can withdraw consent, object to or restrict processing, request rectification/erasure, request data portability, and submit a Subject Access Request by emailing us at [email protected]. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
- The User has the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. In the UK, this would be the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/.
Accessing your own Data
- You may request details of personal Data which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. We reserve the right to charge a fee in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal Data held on you by Sugabyte Limited (where such Data is held) please write to [email protected]
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Childrens’ Personal Information
- We do not knowingly collect any personal Data from children under the age of 16 and if we become aware that we have collected personal Data about a child under the age of 16, that information will be immediately deleted from our database.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain personal Data.
- Data security is of great importance to Sugabyte Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. Sugabyte Limited has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- As required by legislation, where applicable this website uses a cookie control system, allowing the User to give explicit permission or to deny the use of and or saving of cookies on their computer and or device. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Sugabyte Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- We may use Web beacons on our Website or in email or other electronic communications we send to you. Web beacons assist us in better understanding website usage and campaign effectiveness and determining whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual or aggregated basis.
- Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers’ hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Resources & Further Information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
Click here to view our Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions and Copyright Notice.
Last Updated: November, 2017