Sugar Fall ’17 has been released and is available for all On-Demand customers. Fall ’17 (internally named 7.10) marks the beginning of a new chapter with the introduction of a quarterly feature delivery module, providing accelerated delivery of feature innovation for Sugar On Demand customers, as well as heightened levels of predictability for Sugar updates. Fall ’17 has a rich combination of exciting new end-user features as well as major performance improvements to the platform.
Fall ’17 will significantly benefit customers running the On-Demand environment with following updates:
- The Emails module now uses the Sidecar interface. It has been redesigned to store copies of email messages sent from Sugar or archived via one of the various email archiving options. Users can view and work with email records much like they view and work with records in other Sidecar modules.
- Users can configure multiple SMTP accounts to send emails from Sugar.
- Report charts are now enabled for drill-through, allowing users to click on a segment of a report chart to view a list of records belonging to that segment.
- Dashboards can now be shared with teams of users by system administrators.
- Next to Emails, following modules now also use the Sidecar interface:
- Contract Type
- Shipping Providers
- Tax Rates
- The Process Business Rules module has been completely redesigned for usability with improvements that include sorting via drag and drop, mass moving of rows, and mass deleting of rows. (This feature is only available in Enterprise and Ultimate Editions)
- Multiple team selection is now supported when filtering based on the Teams field in sidecar modules’ List View.
This release also includes support for Elasticsearch 5.4, additional configuration options for configuring SSO using SAML, and fixes to issues in previous releases of Sugar.
Please review the release notes using the following links and the Knowledge Base article, “What to Expect When Upgrading to 7.10” to learn more about the new available features, as well as the variety of fixes to address bugs identified in prior releases:
- Ultimate Fall ’17 Release Notes
- Enterprise Fall ’17 Release Notes
- Professional Fall ’17 Release Notes
Developers: Review the Development changes section of the Ultimate, Enterprise and Professional release notes to learn more about changes that could affect integrations and custom development.
Customers hosted On-Demand with Sugar will receive further communication regarding their automatic upgrades. Please visit the Supported Platforms page for a complete list of supported browsers and other platform information.